Quetzalcoatl uses a big Wing...and got some....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl uses a big Wing...and got some....

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Saturday, July 1st I sailed with a 10.8 Loft O2 sail and 170 liter Techno Formula board on Lake Pepin, 2 miles upstream
from Pepin, Wisconsin and I was planning the whole time. Granted, not a supersonic plane but was planning the whole
two hours that I was out. I passed behind the wake of 5 piece barge and there WAS no wake,,,the water consistency
"morphed" into some kind of smooth honey like consistency for about two minutes. I thought I might encounter a whirlpool!
But none.

Anyway,,,I Scored on a day when most sailors would think that there wasn't enough wind.

Oh,,,earlier in the day there was a Kiteboarder (doing Kite-hydrofoiling) in front of the Pickle Factory bar/grill. He did a jump and then came down and then

headed back out into the lake on a plane and he only had contact with the water by this thin stick thing.

Quetzalcoatl out.

Windsurfing on the Rise! and Kite-foiling too!
Schmidty721

Re: Quetzalcoatl uses a big Wing...and got some....

Post by Schmidty721 »

My girlfriend and I sailed Lake Onalaska here near LaCrosse, WI on Sat as well. Around noon was great wind for her to spend some time on the Starboard start with a 4.0 sail. She has only been on the board a few times and is starting to get the hang of it!

I rigged my 8.5 (largest sail I own) and sailed my Rocket 138L for most of the afternoon. I did a lot of slogging along at first and was about to call it a day and the wind came up just enough to pump onto a plane and I got about 30min of good rides in. Overall it was a fun day practicing my gybes, sailing clew first etc. All skills I need to improve on so I made the best of my time on the water.
Eric S

Re: Quetzalcoatl uses a big Wing...and got some....

Post by Eric S »

Good stories of stoke guys. I love sailing in light wind too, planing or schlogin on a floaty board!