WACONIA NORTH LAUNCH IN JEOPARDY

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Stroh

WACONIA NORTH LAUNCH IN JEOPARDY

Post by Stroh »

According to the Sheriff that stopped by today closure of this access point is imminent and will happen soon if we do nothing. He said they will likely come in, build a rock wall and add a fence to block access to the lake.

He said that we should approach the Carver County Parks Board and make sure they know how important this access is for the kite community. If we do we have a chance of keeping this access, if we do nothing there is a 100% chance we will loose the access.

Keeping this open is very important to me… I hope I am not the only one! I think it is time to have representatives from our community meet with the parks board. A few years ago there was talks about a MN Kiteboarding Association… did it form is it still going?
Jon Stroh
MK

Re: WACONIA NORTH LAUNCH IN JEOPARDY

Post by MK »

Looks like it's more of an erosion control issue. Good for the alert and wonderful discussion https://www.facebook.com/groups/222288911116157/