Lost GoPro at Waconia

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

MSavage

Lost GoPro at Waconia

Post by MSavage »

I lost my GoPro somewhere along the north end of Lake Waconia yesterday. The bracket snapped but it had a floaty on it. So if it washes ashore and you find it, check out the video. I bet it's a good one! Oh and then it would be great if you could give it back to me.

Thanks!

Mark
Drvermin

Re: Lost GoPro at Waconia

Post by Drvermin »

Everybody: Always put a tether strap on the GoPros and anchor them to a second spot on a helmet or whatever they are attached to. I have no fewer than 10 cases where my GoPro came loose (adhesive came off, clips broke, broken brackets, etc) and the tether strap saved it every single time. It is cheap insurance.
Micahmo80

Re: Lost GoPro at Waconia

Post by Micahmo80 »

I also lost a cam out there a few weeks ago. I had it tethered to the mounting base, but not my board. It would have been some sweet footage, but it is swimming with the fishies some where now. Hard lesson learned!