gathering?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Jeff G

gathering?

Post by Jeff G »

I heard rumors at the beach that there might be a gathering of wind junkies this weekend, but strangely a google search reveals only a mention on NDPower Kiting blog.
scottman

Re: gathering?

Post by scottman »

Yes there is, don't know which area, depends on the wind I guess, hope to see you tehre.
hobby_man

Post by hobby_man »

Malmo
hobby_man

Post by hobby_man »

218 number is bad use this 320-684-2370. 1 or 2 RV spots open. Tent spots ~10 (4 person) on shore, electric options with central fire options along shore line!! ~$10 per tent per night (reg. $20), they are ready, reference LAKAWA for rate. They want to cater to us. Wood free, indoor shower and outdoor restrooms. Cash only. Not trying to take the lead on this but simply help get some point A to B in place for us to enjoy. Who's bringing the wind? :-)
MK

Post by MK »

Gathering of wind souls on Lake Mille Lacs this weekend in Malmo http://www.lakawa.com/lakes/millacs.html. Watch forecast for winds over 14mph and thats when peeps arrive. No structure, wind provides the schedule. Demo gear available for Level 3 riders. Boards, kites, trucker hats (actually there are a few give away and you don't need to be a L3)
Boards Surf and Twintip: CrazyFly, Litewave, SS
Ocean Rodeo: 17M Flite
Slingshot:
- 5M, 8M, 9M, 10M, 14 Rally
- 12M RPM
- 17M Turbine
Best:
- 12M TS with RP bar (single line flag, above the bar trim)
Ozone:
- 10M Catalyst
- 17M Zephyr
- 2.5M Uno

Leaving my store now, gathering items people may need: pumps, gauges, valves, SeaSpecs, waist and boardshort harnesses, impact vests. Hope I have whatever is needed with me to help keep you in flight. Weekend looking wonderful, come one come all.
MK

Post by MK »

Gathering of wind souls on Lake Mille Lacs this weekend in Malmo http://www.lakawa.com/lakes/millacs.html. Watch forecast for winds over 14mph and thats when peeps arrive. No structure, wind provides the schedule. Demo gear available for Level 3 riders. Boards, kites, trucker hats (actually there are a few give away and you don't need to be a L3)
Boards Surf and Twintip: CrazyFly, Litewave, SS
Ocean Rodeo: 17M Flite
Slingshot:
- 5M, 8M, 9M, 10M, 14 Rally
- 12M RPM
- 17M Turbine
Best:
- 12M TS with RP bar (single line flag, above the bar trim)
Ozone:
- 10M Catalyst
- 17M Zephyr
- 2.5M Uno

Leaving my store now, gathering items people may need: pumps, gauges, valves, SeaSpecs, waist and boardshort harnesses, impact vests. Hope I have whatever is needed with me to help keep you in flight. Weekend looking wonderful, come one come all.
MK

Post by MK »

Malmo Bay Lodge And RV 22783 327th Place, Lake Mille Lacs
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Hmmmm... light winds on saturday. NW on Sunday. IF the forecast holds Father Hennepin might work. Or Wac or 4 seasons on WBL, where I'll be heading if there's wind.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.