South Padre Island - where is the excitement!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Drvermin

South Padre Island - where is the excitement!!!

Post by Drvermin »

Come on people, there are a lot of folks heading down to SPI yet nobody is stoking the fires up here with excitement. You all on downers or something? I am stacking gear up and getting ready for The Big Drive down starting April 19th. Slopecat and I are going to drive down burning the roads and then fly the winds for a week! I'm bringing everything, and I do mean *everything* I have that might be needed so if you are down there and need assistance, look us up. I will have the silver 4-Runner with "H2ORIDR" on the Minnesota plates.

Come on, let's here some excitement!
ollie

Re: South Padre Island - where is the excitement!!!

Post by ollie »

So. Padre or Bust!
Bev and I are leaving at 3:30 thurs. for the drive down.
Can't wait for some big gulf side swells & bayside flats & two weeks of relaxing.
Oh and don't forget the seafood.
Hope to see some familiar faces
Bryan & Bev, Duluth
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Tighe
Drvermin

Post by Drvermin »

I've been following your posts. Thanks for the updates. My (our) trip of Slopecat and I was in limbo for a few days. Slopecat came home to a flooded house on Wednesday due to a second floor water leak on a toilet supply line. Every floor was soaked. Insurance is taking over and a cleanup crew is on site now. He was unsure if he was going to go so I was thinking I would not go myself. That is a long drive to make solo. I've done it and similar drives like it (I am a true road warier), but having a partner in crime makes the driving easier. That changed last night when my family drove me nuts so I decided it was time for some BTT, "Bar Time Therapy." I informed my family and Slopecat I was still going and he wrote this morning that he thinks he is going to join back in. His wife gave him the thumbs up and I told him if he had to come back early I would get him to the airport. So, tomorrow morning, super early, I am heading out with maybe a full passenger seat.

Ironically, Slopecat's kites, snowboards and skis were just about the only thing in his house that did NOT get wet. The items that could survive a good soaking were high and dry! :x
Drvermin

Post by Drvermin »

Just got word from Slopecat that he is going. So if you see us down in SPI, he could probably use a beer or two. :D