Make the decision to go

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Make the decision to go

Post by Tighe »

Every year the forecasts for this event give us some gray hairs as soon as they come online a week or so out from the event. This year was no exception. 20 below and no wind was what we were seeing. And... every year, magically (actually I like to think it's due to the belief we all have in this event) the forecasts come around and provide. This year is no exception. The forecast temps have come up considerably, and there are great winds forecast for Saturday. It's still 3 days out so maybe Sunday will come around as well and the temps may continue to rise.

Let's all visualize a bright, breezy, comfortable couple of days. If we all put our minds to this shared vision, who knows what we might be able to bring in.

And we've got a ton of stuff from our great sponsors (see graphic above) to get out to the participants. You won't go home empty handed.

It's gonna be a great weekend. Don't be the one on Monday, checking out the photos, wishing you had made the decision to go.

See you on the big lake, or shaking a leg to the Wailing Loons on Friday night.
JERRY

Re: Make the decision to go

Post by JERRY »

You always have the "Right Attitude" Tighe. 8)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Matt V

Post by Matt V »

Though our group of NE kiters were a bit late for the Bighorn Snowkite Summit, I heard that there were some MN guys up there. And that was the coldest I have ever snowkited! This weekend looks like a piece of cake compared to that. And I will be sleeping in my car!

Todd,

I promise to help with the kickers this year.

But then again, there looks to be some wind today. I should be up there by noon.
MK

Post by MK »

CBS news crew arrives about 3pm today at Garrison Inn, Garrison, on Lake Mille Lacs. Looks like the winds will be up and if you happen to be able to get out for a ride they will be interested in covering it. This weekends event there looks to be really good wind conditions. The windchill shouldn't be much of an issue if you cover up. See you up there later today!
MK

Post by MK »

Matt V

Post by Matt V »

Roland is just a camera magnet.