6-8" of pow right now at da bear...930am

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

reutersju

Post by reutersju »

Dave Z

Re: 6-8" of pow right now at da bear...930am

Post by Dave Z »

Howz the wind? Gonna try and hit it this afternoon :D
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

Heading over there now for an after dark session. Hoping it works out.
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Awesome afternoon session, the snow conditions are some of the best I have seen.
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

When I got out to the lake it was about 6:15 and really dark. I had second thoughts after walking out onto the lake by myself. Especially since I really couldn't see much of anything. I left my goggles off and that helped but not too much. The start was a little rough and kind of stop-and-go for a bit but then I got it going. If I had to describe the session with one word it would be 'surreal'.

I ended up in a groove with my snowboard (I usually ski) and just went with it. I seemed to really have the kite flying dialed in for some reason and this was with a newer kite that I only had out briefly twice before. I got in a zone and it nearly flew itself. I was just flying it by feel and doing a great job of it. I rarely looked at it. I had half my concentration on the board and the other half on trying to see what was in front of me. Again, it seemed really dark!

I think the combination of deep snow and low visibilty is what made it so different for me. I might just as well have been going with my eyes closed. Flying the kite by feel and ripping through the deep stuff and not seeing much of it was quite the experience for me. I'm so glad I didn't turn back before I started or I found my groove. I tired pretty quickly so I only rode for about an hour.

When I was packing up the kite very near to shore I was in snow that I sunk down into all the way to my hips. I couldn't believe it. It was a real effort to move through it. It wasn't like that out where I did my riding though. I hope some of you got out today.

Mike
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

That was incredible.

Put a gallery from the day up

http://endofsession.com/2014/02/02/the- ... l-1-30-14/
Tighe
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

opps. changed location. This one should work.

http://endofsession.com/2014/01/30/the- ... l-1-30-14/
Tighe