Kite Island

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

peterrib

Kite Island

Post by peterrib »

Visited the Island for the 1st time today. Decent snow compared to Litchfield area. Was surprised to find no other
riders with nice 12m conditions before noon. Worth the drive in. Checked out Washington on the way home. Lots
of crust and bare ice. Whiteout on the lake and on the prairie drive home.
Peter
hammer

Re: Kite Island

Post by hammer »

Drove out to kite island around 12:30 and the wind was whipping! One 7m in the air and a couple other smaller kites up in Robbinsons bay. Was really looking forward to kiting, but did not feel comfortable inflating my 14m.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

We had a blast on White Bear. Incredible conditions. Some shots here:
http://endofsession.com/2014/01/26/soft ... oaring-in/
Tighe
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

great great pictures, in particular #55 is spectacular!!

how high were you?

but it is not just the jump.. I love the open space, the sky, the feeling of freedom it gives you.. thanks for sharing
Could not ride yesterday but as I was driving in the afternoon I thought they might have been once in a lifetime conditions..
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I never know the actual height. In my mind I am soaring with the eagles. That day was so vivid. The light, the snow flow, the patches of light on surface, and then the patches of light would illuminate the snow flowing above the surface creating a form, almost like a building. Very very cool. Loved it.

With end of session, I'm just trying to capture our great sessions. PLEASE if you see me out, come by. I know many of the shots on the site are of me and my sessions. I want to get shots of others, and with the GOPRO you have to be fairly close. If I'm in taking a break many times I'll pull out my other camera, so riding near the launch helps.

What a great year!!!!

Sunset at the island today???
Tighe
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

Unfortunately can't make it to KI this evening, was there Sat. for the first time and loved the location!!
but I'll try to squeeze in a quick sesh at Calhoun around 3-4pm, hope to see someone there!
ciaoo