Cannon Tomorrow?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Dave Z

Cannon Tomorrow?

Post by Dave Z »

Anyone - thinking of pulling out the tiny windsurf gear.

Partly sunny, with a high near 75. Windy, with a south southeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
Bill S.

Re: Cannon Tomorrow?

Post by Bill S. »

Hey Z, we've had a handful of high-wind windsurfing sessions down here in the past two weeks, where've you been? Past two days were sweet light wind kiting. If tomorrow brings a strong true SE'ster, let's head to Pepin for the annual meeting of the Lakes City Swell Riders. . . .

Bill
Lake_kiter

Post by Lake_kiter »

Hey Bill. I'm moving to red wing in November from SW Michigan... Been kiting for 9 years... Is there a local crew that rides Pepin? I would love to connect quickly with the local riders in greater lake city, cannon falls, red wing community. I scouted out lake Pepin on my house hunting trip in September, was blowing SE at 20+ and nobody rode that day. The launches and landscape look favorable for good riding. Please shoot me a text at 269 849 5090 after November 17th when you're headed out to Pepin or out in the snow! Thanks Bill.

Paul
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Hey Bill. Work has been preventing me from sessioning Cannon's Fall winds. So bummed about that. True SE Pepin?! Gonna try and make it down there today!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Cannon....
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Owatonna Municipal Wind 140 at 22 peak gust 28 plus

Cannon it is! Leaving around 1.
jvpaint

Post by jvpaint »

I guess I just switched from pepin to cannon too.
Really don't want to be the only sailor on the lake.
C-ya all there
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Looks like we might have a few "bumps" weather-wise but it's still blowing strong behind that initial band of showers in Souix Falls and Worthington...
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

MORE! Sunny, with a high near 55. Windy, with a south southeast wind 10 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Enjoy the end of daylight savings and sail till dark.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

Leaving soon
Randy

Post by Randy »

Should be there by around 1. Should be a blast.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Randy

Post by Randy »

What a gift! Full parking lot, probably twelve riders. Especially great to see Brian back on the water. First time I got to use my 3.7m in Minnesota this season. Giving the body a little restorative justice today.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

Oh so sorry to have missed it! I was coming back from North Dakota and for four hours yesterday drove straight into the teeth of 40mph SE winds on 94 from Fargo to the Cities. Gas mileage for my truck was close to single digits. . ..

Glad you got the 3.7m wet!
Randy

Post by Randy »

Missed having you out there brother. I've been in that situation before. It's hard to miss big wind like that. Hopefully we'll have some more before the iceover
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com