Turkey day in Padre

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

kiteboymn

Turkey day in Padre

Post by kiteboymn »

Who all's in this year?

Todd, Eric P and spousal units for sure.

anyone?....Bueller?

Todd
Live Hard!
Lakawa Shop Rider
http://mnkiteboy.com/
Lee_Uptown

Re: Turkey day in Padre

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Hey Todd,

We're hosting a thanksgiving dinner at our condo. So far, the Dunklees, Denis, Lizzy, Marc, Rob Hyland and his friend Dave will be joining us... I'm sure there will be a few more we'll pick up from the beach.

Eu Han
RobH

Post by RobH »

Arriving Saturday and leaving the 29th. Staying at Suntide 2.
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
MK

Post by MK »

Our group came and went over the first 12 days in Nov. just talked to Eric and happy to hear his excitement to join you. Looks like you are all in for a good time.

I ended up with 12/12 days riding where 2 of those days were very light. One of them was a moonlit 30 min session with Koski around 9pm. Wishing you all the same fun experiences.

Enjoy!
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

I will be arriving on Turkey Day! Looking forward to a good turkey day and good times aat the flats!!

Seth
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

I just booked my flight! (Last minute decision :P) I will be there the Nov 24th-29th. I probably won't get to the island until Thursday later in the afternoon but look forward to seeing and riding with everyone down there. I'm up for T-Day get together too if there's room. Just let me know what I can bring.

See you on the Flats.

Jason

jasonleske@gmail.com
612-Seven23-766Eight
JRN

Post by JRN »

SETH, Put down the dressing, & back away from the table!! :wink: Wish we could all fly down to join you. I open a mean can of cranberries. Happy Thanksgiving, you LUCKY turkeys. See you on the snow real soon. The thin film of ice on Lake Demontriville will now support the weight of an ant, maybe even a cricket. Cats will soon be kiting again, maybe even poodles. woopeeeeeeeeeee!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Geo

Post by Geo »

Just had a great surf session in 4-5' swell, hazy sunshine and 13m conditions. The only " problem" was that the temp was 40 degrees and probably about the same for the water... In Algoma ( lake Michigan). Felt like Padre, though, except that seemingly half the cars that passed stopped to wonder who the Wacko on the surfboard was.
There is a 10' sea wall that helped create smooth pitched waves in side shore conditions. I found out that it is much more comfortable if you do not dish near that wall ( the downside of breaking waves and no straps, of course.) Managed to wrangle the board under my feet just before things got too interesting.
Side shore steady winds with 100' long waves within 5 hours of home was Incredible! The only thing missing was all of my Wind Buddies.
Happy Thanksgiving. Very Happy.