Hot and Clear Opener

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevinousdigian

Hot and Clear Opener

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Barry, Arthur, Geo, Mike, and I ventured down to Clear Lake in Iowa. We got there by 9 and the wind was weak but picked up then dropped off for a short time with a tiny amount of rain and then it cleared out and kept building. I screwed up my first launch but luckily everything was ok.

We had a 3 hour session and by the time we were done it was 82 degrees with a 18-25 mph SW wind. :D :D

I used my new (barely used) 2011 Ozone 17m Zephyr for the first time on water. Very, very impressed. It's way faster than a TD3 14m with a lot more low end and similar high end. I could believe I was still comfortable on it when the wind blowing in 20s. The big kite keeps you floating real nice too.

Nice to see the lakes starting to open up around here today. We're back in business. Fun to share the stoke of opening day!! Looks like more good wind this week!

KO
Kevin Ousdigian