WBL update

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

drknap

WBL update

Post by drknap »

Mike W just called and reported WBL to be in poor shape. The surface is wet/slush and access is limited due to open water around the shore (at Belaire). Thanks for update Mike. Saved me a trip out for intended speed runs. However, if it freezes overnight and we get some snow, there still may yet be a session to be had.
Kurt
slopecat

Re: WBL update

Post by slopecat »

Last night you could still walk out from Ramsey beach. Bellaire didn't look good when I stopped by.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Anyone have a look-see today??? Hoping it froze up enough last night so it's not a slush-fest.
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Kurt and I had a decent session W of Bellaire. There are some slushy here and there, but mostly snowy terrain with good ice underneath. After tonight the surface should firm up even better.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Nice sunset session last night on the Bear. Patches of textured ice but mainly fast set up snow. Plenty to carve up. Incredible sky at sunset.

Love the longer days and having full afterwork sessions.
Tighe
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

I was out last night from 5-7:30 also. I started at the Ramsey beach and there was no problem walking on/off the lake.

Seeing that I had only flown my 10m Key one time and I was alone and in higher winds I decided to leave it in the pack and see what I could to with my 3m foil. Winds were a bit light for something that size but there wasn't much snow so I thought the surface might be fast.

I had a good start and ended up going from the Ramsey beach to Mahtomedi. I got halfway back and went south of Manitou when I saw a couple other kiters out. The island had an effect on the wind I was seeing and things slowed down for me. Without a chicken loop on my B3 my arms were getting a little tired and that didn't help. Eventually I got almost back to were I started before I called it a day.

I had fun. Learned a few new things and got to play with my GPS. Thanks for the idea Fabrino! Here is a link to my session.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74775445 It may not be the most impressive track but I don't think its bad for a newbie unhooked on a 3m considering the wind.

Mike