Cozumel Island 4th annual Kite Event.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Alfredo

Cozumel Island 4th annual Kite Event.

Post by Alfredo »

March 4 through the 7. Racing,Freestyle and Kite Crossing Cozumel-Playa Del Carmen.

Kiting all day and Carnaval Party all night long!!!! Carnaval is Mexico's version of Mardi Gras, and you must experience this!!!!
get more info. at Adrian's website Cozumelkiteboarding.com :shock:
skico

Re: Cozumel Island 4th annual Kite Event.

Post by skico »

I was down there last year for Kiting and Carnival. It's a great time and Cozumel is a very friendly island. I stayed at Casa Viento where a local kiter Raul de LiLLe runs it with his girlfriend Nichol. I can't say enough about how cool this place is. Kiting right behind the place at the Country Club beach was like 75yards away.Raul can set up a downwinder trip in the lagoon that can't be missed for pretty cheap if you have 4 kiters. Crystal blue water with stingrays swimming under you while kiting makes a vacation. One side of the island is waves while the other side is flat water. Attached is Raul and some kiting pics from Cozumel. Check out http://www.casaviento.net
Attachments
cozumel 062.jpg
cozumel 062.jpg (46.99 KiB) Viewed 4909 times
cozumel 090.jpg
cozumel 090.jpg (40.22 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
cozumel 083.jpg
cozumel 083.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
cozumel 014.jpg
cozumel 014.jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
cozumel 082.jpg
cozumel 082.jpg (38.1 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
ollie

Post by ollie »

Alfredo
Sure should be a great time, hope for good wind!
Adrian works hard to promote the sport on Cozumel so we wish for the best conditions
for all the crew.
Are you goin down this year?
Bev & Bryan Z
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

Hi Guys!! Hey skico Those are nice shots, love and miss the colors of that view.i'm glad you had a great time in cozumel riding with locals and specialy with Raul Delile hope you can make it again cheerss....

Hola Brian and Bev!! yeas I will be there for the all month of March, to Partty and ride can't wait.....How bout you 2????
ollie

Post by ollie »

Alex
Good news , bad news thing this year.
Bad news is no Mexico this year. Really goin to miss it, Quintana Roo area is one of our most favorite
places on the planet!
Good news is about 16 days on So. Padre in mid April, same time as Scott & Caroline and Jeff & Jo, (duluth crew).
Can't wait! We opted for a road trip so we could bring all the toys with and spend some time with good peeps.
If we had known you were goin in March it really would have been hard to not go! Is Lea & the little one goin too?
We're jealous---
Bev & Bryan
Geo

Post by Geo »

Thanks for the info. I will be there from Friday Marc 18 to the following Friday 26th. We ended up getting an all-inclusive deal through a typical American style resort hotel near the ferry docks for about $1000 less than the cost of just flying there. So, no style points for us, but hoping that making it to kiting beaches will at least be doable.

I saw some posts about needing permits or whatnot to sail off of the national park or off the beaten path. I wasn't wild about shelling out $200 or whatever for a "tour" (despite our killer deal to get to the island). Waves and Lagoons sounds great. If there is a way to combine that with kids and family that would be great. I'd be up for hooking up when down there.
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

Hola Geo!!! sounds like you had a greatt deal. well for a boat ride on the National Park yes, it has to be with a boat with permit exclusively only for scuba diving or snorkel....and $200dl i dont know, but i can get you something for 50dl. less it depend how many peaple you wont to bring on the boat... and for kiting, you can ride about anywhere if you drive your self around. also your hotel will be sorround it by shoping area and lots of activities for wife and kids. the lagun has an great sandbar in the midle tha we use for kiting only and passion island rigth in front of us thats all located on the noth side of cozumel island...hope see you there cheers. sory for my bad writing :(
Geo

Post by Geo »

Alfredo -
I will look out for you...not that I even know what you look like or where you sail up here, but I'm sure I'll recognize you when the time comes. Just looking at those surfboard photos on the light blue waves. Mmmmmm. -29º in Waconia today (but only -14º at my house in St. Paul). Too bad not going down today.
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

Come on Geo, you know who i'm...This is Alex :wink:
Geo

Post by Geo »

Alfredo=Alex?!
That's not worse than Geo=Geoff="Jeff", I suppose.
My daughter's name is Alexandra...I can at least figure that one out.

It will be great to be there at the same time as you!

Geoff
pepe

Post by pepe »

Ola,
I just came back from Playa Del Carmen. Stayed at Hotel RIU Palace.
Only 2 windy days out of the 7 day vacation but still plenty to enjoy.
There is a local kite school right on the beach.
The owner Mickey Roy is a very cool guy and you can rent wathever you need.
Check it out: http://www.pdckiteboarding.com
Peter
Attachments
kiting3.gif
kiting3.gif (78.39 KiB) Viewed 4631 times