Snow Emergency and Kiting

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

enderbeanz

Snow Emergency and Kiting

Post by enderbeanz »

Hey everyone,

We can all appreciate this snow but with it comes snow emergencies. I think there will probably be too much snow for me to take my corolla out on the lake so is it okay to park at public acces point lots like Mahto or turtle. I really do not want to get towed while I am out there ridding.
Elkman

Re: Snow Emergency and Kiting

Post by Elkman »

Minneapolis declared a snow emergency last night, so there's no parking on parkways until 8 PM tonight. I had to check last night while I was snowkiting on Lake Calhoun, because I got concerned that I had to end my session and move the Jeep. As it turns out, parkways aren't snow emergency routes.

I don't know what suburbs do, but it doesn't look like Shoreview and Mahtomedi have declared snow emergencies.
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN