Mille Lacs Conditions

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Matixsnow

Mille Lacs Conditions

Post by Matixsnow »

Anyone been on Mille Lacs lately? Any idea what the surface conditions are? Have they had much snow compared to the metro? Is the lake completely frozen?

Thinking about going up there this weekend. I have never snowkited Mille Lacs.
BBAddict

Re: Mille Lacs Conditions

Post by BBAddict »

I kited out of Malmo last weekend. Excellent conditions--there are some windblown spots but overall it is excellent. Like a lot of the lakes, there is some slush around the edge and I saw cars stuck in spots where there isn't a plowed road. Just saying not to try to just drive out there, but the kiting is good.
Matixsnow

Post by Matixsnow »

Is the entire lake completely frozen over and ready to ride?
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

I certainly hope so because I am planning on crossing it several times this weekend with gear as practice for a longer trip. I am pretty confident it is all good.
Matixsnow

Post by Matixsnow »

Sounds good! I am heading up there with 3 others this weekend. Camping out on the ice. See ya out there.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

milly is good to go I went fishing with terry a week ago... drove out about 2 miles and we had close to 2 feet of ice under our feet. there are tons of full sized trucks out there, and roads are plowed.

snow out in front of meirmar looked like a consistant 6 inches of hardpack

Jon
Jon Stroh
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

sick i cant wait to kite. im going for a solid crossing i beleive....
Go big or go home. whatever you do in life, do it like your pro.
Perry Pearson

Post by Perry Pearson »

:mrgreen: Ahh... Myramar... haven't got my kite to sail north of there the last 2 crossings, I will keep my fingers crossed. Is it a good stop for Beer?
Perry
torisspacedog

Post by torisspacedog »

BBAddict wrote:I certainly hope so because I am planning on crossing it several times this weekend with gear as practice for a longer trip. I am pretty confident it is all good.

Are you serious that is a long way across that lake. Have a good one maybe I'll see ya up there.ML