2003 Slingshot Fuels

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

2003 Slingshot Fuels

Post by Tighe »

Just picked up my 2003 Fuels from Scuba Center and boy do they look sweet. Clearly they are one of the leaders in kite design and development. A bit higher in aspect from last year, more rubust materials and reinforced stitching, one handed valve opening, truncated bladder ends and a incredible new bag (expandable, full backpack shoulder straps, duffle strap, rubber handle, separate bar pocket, etc.) The wing tips have 3 attachment points front and 3 back, allowing you to totally dial in the kite to your riding style and conditions. The turning speed is only one of the changes apparent when changing the set up. Power, kite speed, bar pressure, and depowering also vary greatly.

So all this is fluff unless the kite flys well right? Well I haven't had them airborne yet, but what I've read from around the globe is that these are some of the fastest turning kites out there. Even the 17m on an 18in. bar turns on a dime. All the kites were designed to fly on the same bar. It sounds like the multiple attachment points are very effective.

I'm stoked to try them. I'll report back as soon as I get a chance to dangle.

I do ride for Slingshot, though I've been offered any brand to ride and chose Slingshot. The perceptions and motivation for posting this is purely self motivated.

Don't take my word, try them for yourself.
Tighe