FRIDAY'S RIDE

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JERRY

FRIDAY'S RIDE

Post by JERRY »

Looks like FH is not going to be that great. The EXpl. for me only downloads to 1600 zulu. :? Wacky might be the call today. :)

Who's riding where :?:

j
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Dave Z

Re: FRIDAY'S RIDE

Post by Dave Z »

Wildwood @WBL will be the call for the Eastsiderz. NNW is the perfect direction.

Weird weather...going from trunkin' it last weekend to a wetsuit today.
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

I'll be at Malmo :D
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

My board is telling me to go to the Wacky today...
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

Well maybe Bermuda... Bill is giving them 40 foot waves today! :shock:
Matt G

Post by Matt G »

WBL for me after 2:00 PM.......sans wetsuit......not ready to give up on summer just yet
Geo

Post by Geo »

might hafta re-join the east siders this afternoon. Trip out of town delayed. Gosh, bummer. Gotta ride on. See Z and MW?
chanrider

Post by chanrider »

Well the wind didn't necessarily live up to the forecast, but it was still fun out there. Shoulda brought some bigger gear, doh!

I was windsurfing upwind past the island, it looked better up there and Jerry was cruising around the vicinity. All of a sudden he's going downwind around the island out of sight. Next time I saw him was on the other side. Kiting around the island, the latest craze to hit Waconia?

Overall not a bad day, nice to see so many folks out there even if the wind was a little disappointing compared to some relatively high expectations. Hutch seemed to be going pretty good most of the day... maybe Washington was better?
Mark F
Pete

Post by Pete »

6.0M and 130 liter board at FH most of the day. Partly cloudy. Very nice.
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

FH was a sweet, sunny, & solid 11-12M day for the half dozen kiters and a couple of windsurfers that converged there. The wind was a bit too far out of the North to set up big swell that FH is known for, but we had 4 foot waves with an occasional bigger one in the right spot.