first session

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

matt k

first session

Post by matt k »

Had my first kitesnowboard session of the season yesterday. There was no base and just a little bit of powder over the ice to make a bit of a slippery session.

Used my 14 winds were light in the 8-12 range. I also got to ride my new ride 155, really nice board, it has a medium sidecut, and even with the little snow worked very well.

I set my pully up with a fifth line, still needs a little tweaking but works good for reverse launching.

With little snow the initial launch was a little tough so I grabbed a big rock and that worked nicely. tommorow looks windy 15-25 and we may recieve a little more powd tonight.
Coach

Excellent

Post by Coach »

Hey Matt! Sounds like you are doing well, and getting some riding in.

I wanted to let you know - I got a postcard from Murphy (Spirit Lake, remember? :-)) the other day. He wanted to say hello. He and some guys are sailing a boat through the Panama canal. Sounds nice...

-Coach
matt k

Post by matt k »

Spirit lake what happen again?? just kidding that was a fun weekend kitin and partying.

I remember murphy saying something about that sounds fun, we should get together and snow session the bear some time around christmas.
Eric S

Re: first session

Post by Eric S »

matt k wrote:Had my first kitesnowboard session of the season yesterday. There was no base and just a little bit of powder over the ice to make a bit of a slippery session.
There were some kiters and icesailors on White Bear Lake, Ramsey The ice was good and about 4-6 inches. There was also some snow on the ice. I was tempted to try to board but used skates. The little bit of snow is sticking nicely to the ice.

I hear from the weatherman that we might get some snow next week!
matt k

Post by matt k »

Had 2 more sessions fri,and sat.

Winds were offshore both days, friday it was blowing a good 15-25 with a little snow, then sat it was about 20-30 and most all the snow was gone and the lake was very patchy, it was one of the crazier sessions I have had, jumping on the ice was a lot of fun, but every crash I would slide forever before I stopped.

I have been only riding my pully bar and have found the right setting for the fifth line, when it is really windy you don't even need it, when you rock the kite back and forth it will usually take off.